- What are the weight limits for AeroBed® products?
- How can I tell what size bed I have?
- Do all AeroBed® products come with mattress covers?
- I am traveling to a foreign country, do you offer adapters?
- My product is leaking air, but I cannot find the leak?
- My bed won't properly inflate?
- I purchased a bed with a rechargeable pump, how do I charge it?
- How do I replace a valve?
- How do I replace a diaphragm valve?
- How do you clean an Aerobed?
- Why won't the pump on my AeroBed® mattress turn on?
- How do I fold my Aerobed?
- Are airbeds required to pass flammability tests?
- Can I use my airbed as a permanent bed?
- What would cause a Coleman airbed & Aerobed to measure differently?
- What are the weight restrictions for Coleman & Aerobeds?
What are the weight limits for AeroBed® products?
Twin size mattress - 300 lbs for 1 person.
Full size mattress - 450 lbs between 2 individuals.
Queen size mattress (both single and raised models) - 600 lbs between 2 individuals.
How can I tell what size bed I have?
To determine the correct size of your bed, first make sure the product is deflated. Use a measuring tape and measure from seam to seam the length and width of your product.
Twin size beds will measure 74 inches in length and 39 inches in width.
Full size beds will measure 74 inches in length and 54 inches in width.
Queen size beds will measure 78 inches in length and 60 inches in width.
NOTE: AeroBed® products are made to fit standard size sheets
Specifically designed mattress covers that fit AeroBed® products can be purchased separately. If you have a question about covers or would like to purchase one, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-387-6161. Our service hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time.
I am traveling to a foreign country, do you offer adapters?
We do not recommend the use of power converting adapters with any of our products. Our products are designed for specific voltages only which is stated in each respective product’s instruction manual. Any use of converters with our products would be at your own risk. If your pump would become damaged by using a converter, a replacement would not be covered under warranty. If your travels take you to Europe or Australia, please contact our international distributors to purchase pumps and motors with the appropriate voltage.
My product is leaking air, but I cannot find the leak?
Possible reasons and solutions...
1. Air is leaking from the air release valve.
If air is leaking from the air release valve, carefully remove the round black plastic gasket (or white silicone gasket, depending on model) inside the air release valve cover.
Soak this gasket in warm water for 10 minutes, then cool and towel dry.
Re-insert gasket in the valve cover, making certain that the side of the gasket with the U-shaped groove faces into the cover. Leave valve in the open position for approximately 30 minutes. Then close and proceed with inflation instructions.
2. Air is leaking from a puncture or tear in the product.
Follow all instructions and heed all warnings included in the repair kit.
My bed won't properly inflate?
Possible reasons and solutions...
1. The air release valve is open. If the valve is open, close it by using two thumbs to push cover and snap it into valve.
2. The pump is not plugged in. Plug pump into any 110 Volt AC electrical outlet (220V product sold outside North America).
I purchased a bed with a rechargeable pump, how do I charge it?
The Rechargeable NiCd Dual Power Pump runs instantly when plugged into a car lighter, or runs cordlessly after recharging at home. The pump comes complete with a transformer for recharging. The transformer is a 120 volt AC, 60Hz, 6W device and produces 7.5 volts DC. The pump recharges fully in 12 hours. For best results, make sure that the pump is completely drained of power before recharging – do not overcharge.
Note: The pump must be charged for 24 hours for the very first charge.
How do I replace a valve?
To remove your old valve: At the tab latch, peel the soft black vinyl rim back and lift the hard black plastic on the outer edge of the valve toward the center. If the black vinyl is too hard, soften it by using a hairdryer for 15-20 seconds.
To install your new valve, open the replacement valve tab.
Next, seat the hinge area onto the hinge support, and then squeeze the soft vinyl ring towards the center of the mattress opening.
Then, feed the vinyl through the opening of the new valve.
Once the vinyl has been fed through the opening, make sure there are no bulges or kinks in the vinyl ring. Slide your thumb around the inner edge to make sure that it is smooth.
Again, a hairdryer may be used for easier application.
How do I replace a diaphragm valve?
To replace the diaphragm valve, make sure your bed is completely deflated. Next, unfasten the snaps the hold the motor housing in place.
The motor detaches by twisting the section with the power cord counter-clockwise. The section that remains attached to the bed is called the Diaphragm Housing.
The Diaphragm Housing consists of (3) parts:
- Housing cover
- Mattress mount
- Diaphragm valve
To remove the housing cover:
- Locate and remove the Phillips head screw above the rubber adjustment button.
- The cover should hinge away from the mount exposing the diaphragm valve.
To remove the diaphragm valve:
- Look for a second screw on the side of the valve and remove.
- Turn the mattress mount counter-clockwise and lift the valve out of the mount.
- To install the diaphragm valve, first check the valve - it should have a plastic stem through the center, with a spring and a metal washer at the top.
- The bottom of the valve should have a soft rubber disc completely sealing the opening.
- The outer diameter of the valve should have a black rubber 'O' ring around it.
- Return the mattress mount to its original position by turning counter-clockwise until horizontal.
- Lightly coat the black 'O' ring or the rubber seal on the mattress mount with soap - this will perform as a lubricant.
- Place the diaphragm valve in the mount and twist clockwise until tight.
- Check the diaphragm valve by trying to move it from side to side - the valve is tight when there is no movement).
- Replace the housing cover and screw into place.
- Reinsert the motor by matching the alignment marks located on the housing cover and motor and turn clockwise.
- Finally, fasten support straps around the motor. You are now ready to inflate your AeroBed® air bed.
Why won't the pump on my AeroBed® mattress turn on?
First, try another electrical outlet. If this does not solve the problem, please refer to your Instruction Manual under Inflate/Deflate Instructions.
How do I fold my Aerobed?
The key to folding up a bed is to get as much air out of it as possible. If your bed has a deflate mode on the pump...use it. It's a great tool. When using any pump on the deflate mode, close the quick air release valve first or you will be drawing more air into the bed and it will never be completely flat. If your bed does not have the deflate mode on the pump, open the air release valve and let as much air escape as possible. Aid the expulsion of air by pushing down on the opposite end of the bed from the valve. Start folding the bed up away from the air release valve, leaving it open, working your way towards it, so excess air can escape. Once the bed is folded up, or all the air removed, make sure you close the valve.
Can I use my airbed as a permanent bed?
Coleman and Aerobed inflatable mattresses are not designed to be used as permanent everyday beds but only to be used occasionally, as guest beds. If you are using an airbed over several days, you may need to occasionally add air as PVC stretches over time.
What would cause a Coleman airbed & Aerobed to measure differently?
The measurements on the box are defined as the "sleep surface" of the bed or the area you would cover with a fitted sheet. Some bed models may appear larger due to features such as headboards or expanded bases.
- Twin size mattress - 300 lbs.
- Full size mattress - 450 lbs between 2 individuals.
- Queen size mattress (both single and raised models) - 600 lbs between 2 individuals.